Sunday 11 November 2012

Year 12

So this post was due a little while back, but I'm finally writing it!

It's been a few weeks since I've started, and man I'm already freaking out. I have 1 exam and 2 assignments due all in the same week - in 2 weeks. Excuse me while I freak out again. I envy those who do not have to worry about getting ATAR as they are not going to uni because they don't have to work as hard, all they have to make sure to do is pass.

Yes, it sucks our assessments go towards HSC, and that they determine your ranking which initially could affect your mark.  I will work hard and get through this year. I just need to spend less time on the internet, and less time procrastinating.

If this is me now worrying and such, then imagine me in the middle of the year. Crap. But yes I shall get through this.

What do I want to do, you ask?

Well I want to do Journalism at UTS and for that you need an ATAR of 91.6 (as I recall), and you need get high band 5's and 6's for that, so now you understand my dilemma. Some people already have their live sorted out, so they're lucky. If I don't get that, I'll probably go to a different uni, then transfer later.

Maths, Legal Studies and English are probably what I am most worried about, particularly because for Maths and English, we're getting new teachers halfway through the year (for maternity reasons). Legal just has too much content, and I'm very afraid I won't remember it all.

Insha'Allah (God willing) I get a good ATAR though.

I also can't wait til school and HSC is over, I mean, I'm going to miss school and my friends, but freedom will finally be here, also considering that I will be 18 then too.I get to spend all the time on the internet, go out as much as I want, watch ALL the tv shows, and spend a lot of time with my friends (if I have any by then) without feeling guilty, and by guilty, I mean as in procrastination. It's also four months of holidays before uni. Imagine how much you can do in that time. I'm also hoping to get a job by then too.

So yeah, year 12, please go slow but quick at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment