Friday 20 September 2013

Done and Dusted!

It's been a while since I've posted... well, I've got big news to share. I've finally done it! I've graduated! I was maybe about to write a speech-like post on my status but I'll spare that on Facebook and save it for here, and write my own personal reflections.

School has been a rollercoaster. Emotionally, physically and mentally. From waking up early in the morning to dying from running in P.E. class. From those moments where we cried endlessly from exams and assignments to our excitement of holidays. Year 7 to year 12, there have been really good memories and experiences. I'm grateful for all the friends I have made, and I'll miss all of them. Mostly, I'm thankful for our teachers and the education they gave us, but mostly how they've treated us over the past two years. They have been so good to us.

I'm upset to leave school because this means actually leaving the routine that I've had for the past couple of years, as well as leaving the support and life that you've only known. At the same time, I'm excited yet nervous because now begins a new chapter in my life. I've decided to take life one step at a time, and live spontaneously. I'm nervous to see where life takes me, but I hope it's somewhere good. I'm also excited for university, and to start working.

This is a blog post, and not a speech so sorry for drabbling on! Overall, today was pretty good. Everyone looked really pretty, and it was mostly laughs all around. I got two awards too, which is pretty good, considering I've been lazy through this whole year. I also got photos with some of my favourite people, so now I have memories in physical form, yay! It was just brilliant, really. I still can't believe I graduated, it feels like a dream. I'm going to miss everyone, and I wish them the best of luck in life. Hopefully, I'll run into them in the future whether it be at uni or in the general public area.

I've enjoyed my experiences, and I'm going to learn from them and remember them. All I hope for now in the short-run is to achieve good HSC marks and a good ATAR before I can truly enjoy finishing school, and I guess I'll see everyone at sign-out day and formal for possibly the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment