Sunday 23 September 2012

Hate.

I was going to make a post on Islamophobia as a whole, but screw that. After what I've seen, I feel as if a post on hate is necessary. People really disgust me with their ignorance.

We all hate. Admit it. You do it, I do it even the cat does it.

We are lucky enough to have something called 'Freedom of Speech.' However is it really freedom of speech when a few out there abuse that right, By inciting hatred for various groups, whether it be religious groups, certain races and the like, it is simply not acceptable.

You may have heard in the news about the recent riots, that is not acceptable either but then again you do have moronic fools who are simply ignorant intolerant that do provoke these kinds of behaviours. Ignorance is definitely exhibited though.

Islam isn't the only subject here. We're talking about xenophobia and racism. I've seen on Facebook hate groups against Christians. Why? We don't stoop to this behaviour. Atheists / agnostics, I know you don't believe in a deity or multiple deities, but please have the decency to respect those who do.

Or if you're a Christian, Jew or Muslim, please have the decency to respect one another. After all we're all 'Ahlul Kitab' (Family of the book) All Abrahamic religions.

Don't mistake the actions of a few for the majority.

I really don't understand how anyone has the right to tell someone to 'go back to their country.' Little hypocritical, don't you think? I mean, hey you may as well go back to Europe but anyway NO. This is not acceptable either. There are a lot of bigots out there.

Like Martin Luther King said: "We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish... And yet we haven't learned to walk the earth as brothers and sisters."

I think people could really learn a thing or two from him.

I could point out so much more like people and their racist views or whatever, but where's the fun in that? I think after reading this, I'll leave you to decide for yourself whether hate is an abuse of freedom of speech or whether it is accepted. Remember racism and xenophobia does not only exist in white people only.

You know as long as you respect my faith, nationality or whatever, I'll respect yours.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment