Wednesday 12 September 2012

Labels.

I often wonder why labels exist.

There are multiple labels out there in society. 'Emo', 'Fat', 'Ugly', or even 'The girl with the big nose.'

NO! Why should labels exist? I don't like them. Honestly, who really cares how someone is. Just let them be.

There was actually a good quote by Sue Sylvester in Glee, although I can't seem to find it, but those who have seen the show will know what I'm talking about.

We were just talking about this in English the other day. How everyone has a certain thing they're known by, which becomes their label. At school, I was known as 'the crazy Paramore obsessed fan', or simply 'the girl who loves Paramore.' Now I'm probably known as 'the short one.' It doesn't necessarily have to be negative as such though.

But seriously, they do get annoying sometimes, and in my opinion, labels belong on packaging and boxes, not people. You all get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment