Wednesday 27 February 2013

Soundwave!


Oh my God, SOUNDWAVE WAS AMAZING.

I am aching all over. I got sunburnt, and got rashes between my legs but it was so worth it.

I first went to see The Blackout and they were pretty good, wondered around for a bit then went to see The wonder Years. I got pushed into the pit, and and ended up on the edge of a circle pit. That was mental. They were really good. Once they finished, I went to see Deaf Havana. They were decent. However I kinda knew none of their songs so I got bored, and left to get lunch. I sat down, and ate. Then I went to see Billy Talent and that was good. Saw them from the grand stands. Their crowd was so huge! I waited for sum 41 but they took forever to set up, so I went to see OMAM. I really was keen to see sum 41 though. OMAM were amazing, and they put on an amazing show! However I left early to get to ATL. I found out though that OMAM played Second and Sebring and Austin ripped his shirt off. Austin is really cute irl. So I regretted leaving because ATL didn’t start til a bit late too because apparently Sleeping With Sirens took a while to set up. So yeah ATL was amazing! And they were hilarious! Jack came out into the crowd. If only I was in the mosh. Alex apparently also kissed my friend on the cheek. They started with my favourite song too which is Damned if I do ya. After ATL I went to see Paramore. However, due to flashflooding, Paramore and Garbage’s trucks both got held up. However they didnt tell us that til after Cypress Hill finished, so I saw a bit of them. After Cypress Hill, I went looking for my friend and she told me to come to Linkin Park so I went there, saw a bit of them. Left. Sat down for a bit because my feet were hurting. After Linkin, I saw my other friends, and met up with my other friends and went and saw Blink! Oh my God, Blink had the most amazing set! And they had such a crazy light show! They played really good songs, and they played 3 of my favourites! Always, I miss you, and Carousel. Then they finished with Family Reunion hahah. Then I stayed for Offspring who played from 8:45 - 9:45 and they were really good. However I didn’t watch them on the stage, I watched them in the screen so I could get a good spot for Paramore. Garbage didnt end up playing and I was so keen to see them. I was going to go see Motion city Soundtrack, but it was night and no point leaving to go see them just to hear them play for 25 minutes and then come back and end up at the back of the crowd for Paramore. Paramore was last act of the day. SW got extended an extra hour. They were most definitely the highlight. Unfortunately I didn’t catch Jeremy’s pick or get up on stage with Hayley but the show was amazing, and I was singing as loud as I can! And it was my first paramore show! I don’t know why I waited that long to see them, and I’ll definitely go to their headlining show the next time they are here. They played all the good songs, and I heard Now live omg! Their set got reduced by 10 minutes though which sucked because they could’ve played 2 full songs in that time. I’m so glad I got to hear The Only Exception and Decode because I never thought they’d play those. Anyway I took heaps of photos.

Unfortunately I didn’t get to meet anyone because I came late, at about 11:30, so all the tickets for the bands I wanted to meet got sold out which were pretty much the popular bands like ATL etc.

Then I went home, and today I got the day off school due to being in pain however I had such a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment