Tuesday 21 August 2012

Languages

Namaste / Hello / Hola / Bonjour / Guten Tag / Ciao / Merhaba are just some of many ways you can say hello in many languages.

I love languages. Probably why I decided to pick up Spanish in year 9, and yet I still continue with it currently, and will be through to year 12 (although now I have no choice.) I currently speak 3 languages. English, Arabic and Spanish pero yo hablo un poco espanol. (But I speak a little bit of Spanish.) Although I'm getting there hopefully.

I'm not sure what it is, but something about different languages fascinates me. Learning a new language is great. It apparently increases your IQ too, as does playing a musical instrument, which I do both of. Learning a new language is really beneficial though. For those that only know English, get out there and learn something new please. It's for your own good, I promise.

Learning a new language actually opens you up to many new things such as more opportunities for jobs and travel. You get to become familiar with your own language too (like when I first started learning Spanish, I found it had so many words similar to Arabic and English, it was great.) You also get to learn about different cultures too.

When I get to uni, I hope to continue Spanish or even pick up a new language. I'd love to learn Italian, or Turkish even. It just opens up your mind to a whole new world, and branches out to a whole lot of other things.

Yeah, I quite love languages. They are amazing. Sometimes, I wonder how they work. I'm not sure how, but they just do. It's amazing. After follows the accents which makes things more intriguing and interesting

I was just wondering about this last night and I just saw people on twitter talking about languages which reminded me to make this post. Anyway, this post has been more structured as opposed to the last few, so I hope you have enjoyed reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment