Thursday 26 July 2012

Public Speaking

So at school, we had to do two speeches for Studies of Religion and English. I had one earlier for Legal Studies too. I have one due for Modern History soon as well. 4 speeches a year? I know, ridiculous. isn't it? It's what I get for doing mainly History / English subjects I guess.

Moving on, there's a program at school for Public Speaking called Toastmasters. We have to do 2 speeches. One on ourself, and a persuasive speech. No idea what I'm going to do for that. Writing a speech about myself however? No problem, except I'll need to make it real good after some of the ones I heard tonight.

Cutting quite to the chase though, I have a lot to say, but I suck at saying it. Particularly speaking it. Oh, and a speech? Assignment or not. Still suck. I get nervous. Last year, I was shaking from head to toe while delivering my speech for English. I have a really bad speech structure too, which I'll need to work on. I wrote my English speech that was due today in a massive essay structure. I don't even know though. The whole assignment would've been better as an essay.

Anyway, this has been a post. I hope you've enjoyed reading it. Not that interesting, but oh well!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment